The Kessil A360W
E Wide Angle Dimmable Aquarium CONTROLLER READY Tuna Sun Freshwater 90 Watt LED (New E Series) is designed for use with freshwater planted tanks and terrariums. However, its bright white color is very high in PAR and could make a great primary nutritious light in any aquarium, especially a shallow water acropora aquarium where blue light is not as beneficial for growth.
The A360WE Tuna Sun benefits from the newer 360 technology that controls color with one knob, and overall intensity with the other, for increased brightness at either ends of the spectrum. The Tuna Sun color ranges from a yellowish 6,000K, to a flat white color in the middle, and then to a pinkish 9,000K at the other end of the spectrum.
The A360WE Tuna Sun utilizes the “Double Peak” Technology used in Kessil’s Horticulture line and produces wavelengths that mimic the sun, and provide for the increased photosynthetic absorption. The Tuna Sun has Kessil Logic, which allows the color to be changed while maintaining the intensity of light.
The A360WE Tuna Sun is controller ready and designed for use with the Neptune Apex Controller (the Apex Jr. & Apex Lite will require the VDM Module) and the ReefKeeper Controller (with the ALC Module). With the A360WE and a Neptune Apex Controller (with a the
Kessil Apex Controller Cable) or a ReefKeeper Controller (with a Kessil ReefKeeper Controller Cable) you can control both the intensity and the color temperature of the Kessil A360WE. This will require two control channels on the Apex. Kessil A360WEs can then be daisy-chained together (with the Kessil Daisy-Chain Cable) and controlled from a single Apex Controller.
Multiple Kessil A360WEs can be controlled with a single Apex Controller—two channels are required for each Kessil controlled. Future versions of the Apex Controller software will add functionality to the Kessil A360WE. An example of this added functionality is a more gradual dimming and color shift.
The Kessil A360WE Dimmable Tuna Sun 90 Watt LED Light brings out the vivid colors of plants and fish with the specially created spectrums of the A360. While it is hard to compare the Kessil to 250 Watt metal halide lights, the 90 Watt Kessil has a greater effective light spectrum for plants than a 250 Watt metal halide. This is partly due to the efficient use of electricity with LEDs, partly a function of higher percentage of the light being directed downward and partly because a very high percentage of the light spectrum with the Kessil A360 Dimmable Tuna Sun 90 Watt LED Light is useful to plants.
The Kessil A360WE will result in thriving plants with lower electricity bills, less of a need for a chiller and no bulb replacement costs. The lightweight Kessil light, which weighs just over a pound, can be easily hung above the tank from with the two built in mounting tabs (that can be attached to a chain or other hanging mechanism), or can be clamped to the tank with the
Kessil LED Light Pendant Gooseneck Clamp/Mount.
Kessil A360WE Features:
- This Wide Angle Model has a beam spread of 70 degrees vertically (140 degrees edge-to-edge) and is recommended for larger tanks that are relatively shallow
- 90 Watts: Effective light greater than a 250 watt metal halide.
- Variable Color Temperature: Using the color spectrum knob on the top of the light you can tune the LEDs to your desired color temperature. 6000K? 8100K? 9000K? No problem.
- Advanced Thermal System: Innovative heat management system lets the light run efficiently for a long time.
- LED array specifically designed and tailored for planted aquariums
- Advanced optics effectively direct deep, penetrating light that creates a beautiful shimmer effect. The glitter lines rival metal halide lights
- Weight: 1.2 pounds (the power supply weighs an additional 1.3 pounds). Dimensions: 4" Diameter X 3-13/16" Height (dimensions do not include an additional 1" for the hanging bracket & cord clearance).
- 5'-9" power cord from light to power supply (a 5' cord plus a 9" connector attached to the light). 6' cord from power supply to wall plug.
- Listed Power Supply Input 100-240 VAC 47-63 Hz Output 24 VDC, Maxiumum 1.87A. Could require a plug adapter for non-US sockets.
- You may wish to also purchase a Kessil LED Light Pendant Gooseneck Clamp/Mount and the Kessil LED Light 90 Degree Gooseneck Adapter
- 1-Year Warranty