The Neptune Systems Apex Dissolved Oxygen, Temperature, I/O Expansion Module, PM3, includes support for dissolved oxygen, temperature, and 6 digital inputs. The Neptune Systems Apex Oxyguard Dissolved Oxygen Probe is NOT included. This product will only work with Apex and Apex Lite AquaController Systems.
Many marine aquarists only give the oxygen content in their aquarium water a passing thought, not fully understanding how the level of the Dissolved Oxygen (DO) in their tanks can affect their entire tank population.
In one way or another, everything (fish, invertebrates, corals, algaes, bacteria) in the oceans and in marine aquariums react with oxygen. Most of the living beings of this planet require oxygen in order to metabolize nutrients. Fish, invertebrates, corals, and bacteria ingest O2 and expel CO2 day and night.
Your critters are not the only things that use oxygen in your tank. Organic materials (i.e. Dissolved Organic Compounds, uneaten food and fish detritus on the bottom of the tank) consume a lot of oxygen as they break down. And now it's even popular to add nitrifying bacteria additives which multiply very rapidly, consuming a large portion of the available oxygen in the tank water.
- User Manual
- Monitor/Control dissolved oxygen and temperature
- 6 digital inputs for float switches, water on floor sensors, pressure sensors, etc.
- Full datalogging support in Apex Base module
- Up to 240 AquaBus modules can be added to the Apex system
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3' AquaBus cable
- Galvanic Isolation for accurate and reliable probe readings
- Led Status Indicator
- Upgradeable firmware
- Neptune Systems SKU: PM3