Red Sea C-Skim 1800 represents an integration of revolutionary features, performance characteristics of high demand commercial foam fractionators and the footprint and affordability of a modernly designed hobby protein skimmer. The C-Skim provides a new level of protein skimming in terms of efficiency, performances and user friendliness. The C-Skim features include a Peripheral Flow Closed Loop Skim Chamber providing improved water/air flow dynamics, an integrated Neck Washing system which increases long term skimming performances and the FoamView™ enabling easy adjustment of the skimming foam production.
Recommended tank size:
Fish Only: up to 450 gallons
Soft corals & LPS: 300 gallons
Hard corals (SPS): 150 gallons
- Requires a 400-450 gph pump.
- Max. air throughput 800 liters (200 gal) per hour
- Aspiration pump: included
- Height: 54 cm (21¼ inch)
- Foot print: 34 x 25 cm (13.4 x 10 inch) including aspiration pump
- Inlet connection: 12mm (½”) standard flexible hose
- Outlet connection: 90° elbow suitable for standard 40mm or 1½ rigid pipe
- Innovative, highly effective skim reactor
- Integral neck washing system
- FoamView skim adjustment window
- 800 lph (200 gph) air injection
- Can be used as a Stand-alone or In-sump protein skimmer
- User Manual (pdf fromat in new window)
C-Skim 1800 Principle:
Integrated Skimmer Neck Washing System
- Inlet: Aquarium water is injected above the conical top of the skim chamber which spreads the incoming water flow around the periphery of the skim chamber walls, preventing turbulent flows of water that can destabilize the foam production.
- Aeration: The aspiration pump with pin wheel impeller re-circulates the water in the chamber while constantly injecting 800 liters (200 gal) per hour of micro air bubbles into the water.
- Foaming: The conical top of the skimming chamber concentrates the air/water mixture, forcing it up into the neck of the collection cup where it transforms into dry organics-laden foam.
- Outlet: The out-flowing water is collected evenly from around the periphery of the bottom of the skim chamber where it is almost bubble free.
- Control: A skim regulator valve easily adjusts the foaming for a wide range of water conditions providing optimal skimming performance.
Research has shown that allowing organic sludge to accumulate in the skimmer neck (which will occur if not cleaned regularly), will reduce the foam production by 30-40%. The patent pending integrated neck washing system developed specifically for the C-Skim diverts the water from the skim chamber to an annular spray ring around the top of the neck that sprays concentrated jets of water onto the inside of the neck, washing all of the accumulated sludge back into the reaction chamber. Returning the water flow back to the skim chamber flushes the sludge into the collection cup for easy disposal.
The patent pending FoamView window built into the front of the collection cup provides a clear view of the foaming action inside the skimmer neck and allows for easy and accurate adjustment to achieve the desired consistency of the foam.
The ergonomic, compact, rectangular design of the C-Skim with the complete user interface on one side of the unit makes the C-Skim ideal for use in sump or stand alone installation on any conventional filtration system without compromising on skimming efficiency or performance. User interface features includes: Water Inlet and Outlet, Foam regulator & FoamView window, Air control valve with silencer, Skim/Wash control, Aspiration pump, Waste drain port, 90º outlet adaptor suitable for standard 40mm or 1½” rigid pipe.