With the Neptune Systems CLASSIC Apex AquaController you will be able to not only monitor what is happening in your tank, but you will also have 100% control while at home, or away to do something about it!
This Apex System comes complete with:
Comparing the Apex Jr. to the Apex and Apex Lite
If you're trying to decide between the Apex, Apex Jr. & Apex Lite it is mostly a question of how many ports and what types of ports come with each version. The Apex Jr. comes with two AquaBus ports, an Ethernet port, a Temperature Probe port and four outlets. The Apex Lite comes with an AquaBus port (which connects to the EnergyBar8 with 6 ports), an Ethernet port, a Temperature Probe port, eight outlets (on the EnergyBar8), plus the Cntl RJ11 port, I/O MDin 8 & pH BNC ports. This Apex has everything the Apex Lite has with the addition of the ORP/pH2 BNC port and the V1/V2 & V3/V4 ports. Additionally, it comes with a Standard Grade pH probe.
Kessil A360W Integration
This Apex AquaController works seamlessly with the Kessil A360W LED Light. You will NOT need to purchase the VDM for this to work. However, you will need to purchase a Kessil Apex Controller Cable. We sell the Kessil A360W together with the Apex as a Kessil A360W Wide Angle Dimmable Aquarium Controller Ready Tuna Blue 90 Watt LED Light with Apex Controller package.
6 Digital Inputs
The Apex Lite comes equipped with 6TTL level external inputs which can be used to activate/deactivate equipment in response to an external stimulus. Applications for these inputs include connection to water level float switches, water pressure and flow sensors, and water on the floor sensors. The Apex Lite can be configured to signal alarms or turn on/off appliances in the event of external switch open or closure.
Modular Expansion through AquaBus
- High reliability protocol with robust error correction
- Virtual unlimited expandability. The most expandable controller.
- Plug and Play – AquaBus modules are automatically recognized and configured
- Cable lengths over 200 feet
- Expandable to 240 AquaBus modules
- Add optional modules to monitor Hundreds of Probes
- Add additional EnergyBars to control thousands of outlets
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- Probe modules available (or in development) for additional Temperature, pH, ORP, Conductivity, and dissolved oxygen probes
- Module firmware updates done through AquaBus. No need to disassemble controller, and individually update modules
Alternate power port on Apex Lite Base Unit
- Integrated Ethernet port
- Most advanced web server available
- Interactive graphing application in the web server
- Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
- Compatible with all Major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
- Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration
- Compatible with wireless bridges or game adapters (802.11x) so that wireless network communication is possible
- Email or text message alarms
- Email alarms or audible alarms when Energy Bar power fails
- RSS and XML Support
Very simple menu driven configuration
- In power failure situations Alarm emails can still be sent
- Can detect power failures in EnergyBars
- Internal rechargeable backup battery retains clock
- Graph probe/device data on the LCD display
Monitor/Control - pH, Temp
- Menus to easily setup pumps, lights, heater, chiller, co2, etc
- No programming required for configuration
- Outlets can be renamed for easier use
- Can be configured through optional LCD Display or a standard web browser
- An enhanced AquaController programming language is available for total control
- Sophisticated non standard control available
- Virtual Outlets allow even more complex control options
The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring pH, and temperature. The monitored data is continuously displayed on the large LCD display and also logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.
Galvanic isolation on probes
Galvanic isolation on the probes results much more reliable and accurate probe readings. While these features increase costs we feel that probe accuracy is absolutely critical for monitoring/controlling your tank, unlike many competing aquarium controllers.
State of the Art Electronics Integration
New Enhanced Control Functionality
- Only 32 bit processor on an Aquarium controller
- Over 16 times more code space & 5X faster than competitive controllers, which guarantees future expandability
- Over 8 times data storage memory than the competition
- 1 year’s worth of data logs can be stored internally
Sunrise and Sunset Simulation
- Day of Week functionality
- Sub minute control added on EnergyBar controlled devices
- Default outlet state for all EnergyBar outlets
- Second resolution control
The Apex has a special control function which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.
Moon Cycle Simulation
The Apex has another special control function which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. The lunar simulator is used for this feature and is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from its LEDs. The intensity variations are controlled by the Apex which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The Apex automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the Apex's clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.
Each pump to be controlled can have an user configured period in which both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 second to 999 minutes. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).
- Two AquaBus connectors for easy expansion, and flexible cabling options
- Plug and Plug bus allows for modular expansion.
Compact Size Base Unit
- Firmware updates via Ethernet
- Flash memory so new features can be easily added
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- No need to unplug/rewire devices to perform the firmware update (unlike the competition)
- Sleek and Stylish case
- 7 mechanical buttons for speedy and flexible user interface
- 128 x 64 Graphical Backlight display
- Displays datalog graphs
- 4 Highly customizable status displays
- Placement of probe names and icons can be selected by user
- Can scroll manually scroll between different status screens or automatically scroll through them
- User adjustable contrast and backlight settings
- Backlight can be dimmed at night
- User selectable tones/songs for different warning/error types
- Compact size 3.40" x 4.05" x 0.65"
- Mounting holes for easy attachment to wall/stand
The Single Best Reef Tank Purchase I've Ever Made
Apex AquaController Dashboard Overview