The Max S-Series 500 is an innovative plug & play, complete, full size coral reef aquarium system. It is designed to allow you to focus on the beauty and diversity of your own piece of coral reef, rather than worrying about component selection, suitability and compatibility. Max S-Series aquariums are fully equipped with everything you need including features such as ultra clear glass, reef spec lighting and filtration, customizable fascia and a one-plug control panel.
Choosing the Red Sea MAX S-Series will make reefkeeping easier than ever before.
Durable, Elegant Cabinet
The cabinet side panels and doors are attached to a marine spec aluminum frame and are not load bearing so they can be replaced at any time, allowing renovation. This feature combined with the replaceable trim on the light and aquarium will add a significant resale value to the MAX S-Series. All external surfaces use weather resistant polyurethane paints (similar to those used in the car industry) giving an elegant and durable finish. Designed for simple home assembly, all of the gluing, sawing and wiring has already been done for you. The saltwater-resistant color trim around the top and bottom of the aquarium is long-lasting and can be replaced at any time.
Sophisticated Lighting System
The unique MAX S-Series slide & swivel lighting system consists of three individually switched lighting units.
The identical front and rear 4 x T5 units are hinged to the lighting chassis that slides across the top of the aquarium providing total access for all maintenance and reefscaping tasks.
The center unit has an additional 2 x T5 lights and LED moonlights.
Total Reef Filtration
The complete reef filtration system starts with the surface skimmer that feeds the water to the in-cabinet sump via a flow-regulated, silent flow downpipe. The filtered water is returned to the aquarium by a main system pump that also supplies water to all of the filtration systems such as the protein skimmer, an optional chiller and/or reactors.
Connection between the aquarium and sump is via standard union connectors so no plumbing is required.
The Max S-System is supplied with the main system pump, C-Skim 1800 protein skimmer, mechanical and carbon filtration media and all piping including preparation to connect a chiller and auxiliary reactors.
Integrated Power Center
The Max S-Series filtration system follows the one-plug Max concept and features a power control center with easy access to 10 individually switched power sockets for all pumps, and other accessories, safety protected with integrated circuit breakers.
Red Sea Max S-Series 500 Features:
NOTE: This item is drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer through commercial trucking companies. The trucking company will call you before delivering your Red Sea Aquarium to arrange for a delivery time. Allow 7-14 days for delivery. Someone will need to sign for the delivery. You should also expect to move the product from the curb, sidewalk or driveway to your home/office. We do not offer expedited shipping for this item. This product can NOT be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii.
- Dimensions: (LxWxH) 129 x 70 x 168 mm (51" x 28" x 66")
- Water Volume:
- Combined water volume for aquarium & sump, 500 Liters (approx. 135 gallons)
- Display tank with rear circulation pump chamber, 440 Liters (approx. 119 gallons)
- Glass sump with preparation for auxiliary reactors or refugium, 60 Liters (approx. 16 gallons)
- Glass: Ultra clear front and side panels, 1/2"thick
- Cabinet Material:
- Aluminum frame
- Cabinet External: Weatherproof Polyurethene painted MDF doors & panels
- Cabinet Internal: Waterproof sump compartment, dedicated chiller compartment
- Lighting: 540 Watts (5X 54 Watt 10K T5 HO Lamp, &
5X 54 Watt Actinic T5 HO Lamps. The light will flip up or slide back for easy access to the tank.
- Lighting Control: 2 Timers for staggered on/off
- Total circulation l/h (gph) Sump return + hidden: individual 2,000 l/h (530 gph) circulation pumps 11000 (2900)
- Main system pump l/h (gph): Sump return + feed to skimmer / chiller / reactors 9000 (2400)
- Protein Skimmer: C-Skim 1800 Protein Skimmer
- Filtration: Low density sponge filer media
- Integrated water top off system: Easy-access storage tank with in-sump float valve 29 L (7.5 gal)
- Power Center: 10 individually switched sockets for pumps and accessories