This package includes the SpectraPure .5 Micron MicroTec Sediment Cartridge, SpectraPure Carbon Block Filter, .5 Micron, 10 inch & MarineAndReef.com Towel. These two pre-filters are replacements for the standard pre-filters that come with SpectraPure RO Systems.
About the SpectraPure MicroTec Sediment Filter
SpectraPure MicroTec Sediment Filters are high efficiency depth gradient density filter cartridges with almost absolute micron ratings. They are strongly recommended for areas with extremely high sediment levels like NY, WA, ND, NC and IL etc. The gradient pore structure of these cartridges captures larger particles in the outer sections of the filter cartridge, while providing highly efficient and consistent removal of smaller particles in the core.
About the SpectraPure Carbon Block Filter
- SpectraPure Model SF-MT-0.5-10
- Graduated sediment removal
- Excellent for use in areas with extremely high sediment levels
- Near absolute micron rating
- Proprietary center core for added strength
- Longer life cycles
- Greater particulate holding capacity
- Consistent filtration even at high differential pressures
- 100% polypropylene construction
- Cartridge free of surfactants, binders and adhesives
- Negligible extractables
- Meets USP - XXIII Class VI Plastics Requirements
The SpectraPure Carbon Block Filters remove chlorine, organic chemicals and chemicals that contribute to taste and odor. These filters act as near absolute-rated sediment filters. They are much more efficient than the granulated carbon filters because there is no channeling or bypassing of fluids. They also have a higher adsorptive efficiency and higher turbidity reduction than granular filters.
- SpectraPure Model CF-0.5 -10
- Removes chlorine, organics, taste and odor
- Dual-purpose - combination sediment and carbon filter
- Excellent service life
- No channeling or bypassing of fluids
- Only the 0.5 micron carbon block filter removes trihalomethanes, low levels of chloramine, pesticides, volatile organic chemicals and 99.95% of giardia and cryptosporidium cysts.
- Meets the NSF Standards