This package includes the SpectraPure Enduro-DI High-Performance Mixed-Bed DI Cartridge 10" (Model DI-MB-ENDI-10), SpectraPure Mega-Max-Cap DI Cartridge 10" (Model DI-MMC-10), & MarineAndReef.com Towel. These two DI cartridges are high performance DI cartridges. They are more efficient than the DI cartridges that come stock with the SpectraPure units. The Mega-Max comes first and the Enduro-DI second, and when used together in this order they have maximum effectiveness.
About the SpectraPure Enduro-DI
The SpectraPure Enduro-DI High-Performance Mixed-Bed DI Cartridge 10" (Model DI-MB-ENDI-10) is the latest addition to SpectraPure’s line of high performance and specialty DI cartridges. With a longer lifespan than the legacy mixed-bed or SilicaBuster DI cartridges, the Enduro DI spends more time producing water at ultra-pure levels (18.2 megohms) before dropping off when resins become depleted.
Typical mixed-bed DI cartridges can produce ultra-pure water initially, but after a short period of usage the resin’s maximum removal levels start to diminish, until with continued usage, purity will finally trend below acceptable levels and the cartridge is considered “exhausted”. The Enduro DI performance curve is flatter at the top, not dropping downward until much later in the cartridge’s life, spending the majority of it’s lifespan at maximum removal levels and with very little time at reduced levels prior to cartridge depletion.
When used in a multi-stage DI system and configured as a polishing DI stage placed downstream from a MaxCap or Mega MaxCap DI roughing stage, the life of the Enduro DI increases dramatically. This translates into cost savings with fewer replacement cartridges to buy and more ultra high-purity water production between changes.
About the SpectraPure Mega-Max-Cap DI
- Standard twist top shell, 3" x 10", fits in virtually all standard 10" filter housings
- Designed to produce ultra high-purity (18.2 megohms) deionized water for extended periods
- Maintains ultra high purity water production characteristics well through the life of the cartridge
- Optimized for use as a final polishing DI stage when used in a multi-stage DI configuration
- Removes all traces of silica, nitrates, phosphates and ionized impurities
Extended cartridge longevity over the legacy SilicaBuster DI or conventional mixed-bed cartridges
- Aluminized Mylar packaging eliminates resin degradation while in storage
Interchangeable with Captive Purity, Kent Marine, AWI, BRS and most other residential/aquarium DI or RO/DI systems
The SpectraPure Mega-Max-Cap DI Cartridge 10" (Model DI-MMC-10) is SpectraPure’s newest addition to the MaxCap DI series of specialty deionization cartridges.
Like the legacy MaxCap cartridges, the new Mega MaxCap functions as a “roughing” DI stage, by removing the vast majority of residual ammonia, phosphates, and other trace ionized impurities that have passed through a purification system’s RO membrane. This pre-processing improves RO water chemistry to the degree that the downstream mixed bed and/or layered bed DI resins in subsequent “finishing” stages will continue perform optimally for far greater durations, processing 4 times or more DI water by volume than otherwise possible.
The new Mega MaxCap DI’s higher capacity and enhanced phosphate removal provides even greater overall cartridge life, the Mega MaxCap processes even more water and extends the life of down-stream finishing DI cartridges even better than its predecessor. The Mega MaxCap DI should be used ahead of any indicating or non-indicating Mixed Bed, SilicaBuster, EnduroDI, or other conventional Mixed Bed DI “finishing” cartridges, to greatly extend cartridge life, thus requiring far fewer replacements over time. Enjoy consistently ultra-pure DI water, and water production cost savings.
Standard Twist-top shell, 3" X 10", fits in virtually all standard 10" filter housings
- Roughing DI cartridge designed to be placed ahead of a Mixed Bed, SilicaBuster or other finishing DI stage
- Improved performance over the legacy MaxCap DI resin formulation.
- 3.5 times the capacity of conventional Mixed-Bed and Hi-Silica removal cartridges
- Removes residual ammonia and ionized impurities from RO stream
- Improved phosphate removal and extended cartridge longevity over the legacy MaxCap DI
- Aluminized packaging eliminates resin degradation while in storage
- Interchangeable with Captive Purity, Kent Marine, AWI, BRS, and most other residential or aquarium DI or RO/DI systems